Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Wish us luck!

Well today's the day. Or at least it's supposed to be. I'm not nearly as excited or hopeful as I was for the previous two visits. On the bright side, I won't completely break down if there's some strange turn of events that prevent us from knowing yet again.

Max has been continuing to look better this past week. He was a bit itchy yesterday and the day before because the day before I had a tiny bit of coffee. I'm quite sure at this point that coffee is a strict no-no. That's what experience is telling me. Last time I tried coffee, it was decaf and I noticed a flare up/increased itchiness so I don't think it's a fluke. Unfortunately. Man, I could use a coffee right about now.

I'll try to update tonight, but my friend is coming in from out of town and staying over so we'll see how much time I get versus how much there is to write about versus how excited I am about the news....

Oh, I forgot to mention that I ordered the herbs and supplies to try to make my own sarsaparilla cream. I ordered from Mountain Rose Herbs which is supposed to ship promply within 24 hours so now I go running to the window panting with excitement everytime I hear a truck go by the house. I know it's early since I didn't spring for 2 or 3 day delivery, but I'm hopelessly impatient when it comes to packages so I'll continue to stalk. Besides, I'm also expecting a nice big package of yarn ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Edith said...

Hi Jessica,

Hope you got the results you've been waiting for for so long now. As I wrote in another comment, I'm pretty much in the same boat as you are, have a 5 1/2 month old with food allergies and eczema. He also has related digestive problems and nasal congestion. I am very interested in your experience w/ Sarsaparilla. I am very much into alternative medicine, and actually drink Indian Sarsaparilla tea as an immunomodulator. I drank it while pg with him to sustain the pg (my immune system attacks pregnancies and I had at least 3 miscarriages).
If you would like to chat with someone in a similar situation, my email is ewink2@yahoo.com

Edith

4:47 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

Nice to meet you Edith! I'm sorry to hear you and your baby are in a similar situation. It's so heartbreaking to see them suffering. Have you found anything that brings him relief?

I just got my package of herbs in the mail today including Mexican Sarsaparilla and Burdock Root (they're supposed to work well together?) and I'm hoping to get a chance to make a salve out of them tomorrow. I'll let you know how it turns out.

12:12 AM  
Anonymous eczema treatment said...

Hello really enjoying the info you have here.But also wanted to share my own onformation about great exema and other related stuff on exema.go take a look

6:13 AM  
Blogger Jazzderry said...

I applaud your efforts to care for your son's eczema-and no, I certainly don't think you're a loon for your ideas-you sound like a Mom who is doing her best to be observant and help treat her son.
Keep doing what you're doing and observing-by the look of him in the pics it looks pretty much under control as much as possible.
I was born with a whole host of allergies, and eczema and went thru a terrible time in childhood with it so i feel your pain.I didnt get better til i was a teen,pretty much. I'm 50 years old now and it seems to be flaring up again and i have no idea why-is weird. behind my knees and the crook of my elbows is becoming red and rashy, and itchy-i think I'll try your CLO idea. (sorry bout the tmi-lol)

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home