Saturday, July 30, 2005

Creams and dreams

We ran out of the zarzaparilla a couple weeks ago. My MIL sent two more even tinier bottles and this batch doesn't seem to be working as well. Max would scream every time I tried to put it on his face. So I'm holding off on the zarzaparilla for now.

But in good news, the ND gave us a (*very expensive* even after we were given a supposed discount of almost 50%!) bottle of calendula cream that has been working slowly but surely. I was skeptical at first having tries two other calendula creams with no results, but this one seems to be doing the trick. He still flares up every now and then but the general progress is towards his skin clearing up. And while he still rubs his face occasionally now, I think it's more because he's tired or playing games as opposed to insane itching.

I've also taken it upon myself to test the waters with reintroducing a few things and so far tomatoes, lemons and avocados seem to be ok. It may not sound like much, but it really opens up the range of flavors. And I'm quite handy with garbanzo and tapioca flours. I finally mastered pizza dough (although I still can't put cheese on it lol) and some crispy tortillas. And now with lemon I can make some hummus. And even though I strongly suspect wheat is a culprit and alcohol can't be great, I've been able to have a beer or two ;)

So I'm in good spirits looking ahead to Tuesday. Even if the appointment goes poorly, one of my best friends is coming to visitfor a couple days so that'll be fun. More fun if I can celebrate eating though! And most importantly if we can celebrate *knowing* what we can do to stop it from the source. It sounds too good to be true....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home