Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What a cruel little joke....

So after a week of beautifully clear skin, some little bumps started popping up around his mouth and eyes. And bigger pimple sized bumps filled with fluid that have since crusted over and turned to scabs appeared sporadically on his body. I'm not sure if this is something new or what it could be. They seem to be going away though so I'm somewhat relieved about that. We even had his picture taken last week.

We're now on the second vial of zarzaparilla and i'm nervous it's going to run out and he'll flare up again. Or that I'll discover that it's just been suppressing the reaction instead of helping purify his blood and liver.

I called the ND office last Friday to see if the results from the blood test were in since the lab said it would take about a week and they said that they were indeed back and we'd discuss them at our appointment on Tuesday (today). So as I sat here counting the minutes to answers, I get a call saying that they aren't back yet and the allergy tests usually take about 3 weeks so we need to reschedule our appointment.

oh god no.

How can they take this away from me when we were so close??? I know we're missing something because he's still itchy without the lotion. I was fantasizing about what foods I would be able to eat again today. I had it all planned out in my head as to which ones I wanted the most and what order I'd add them back if allowed. I was at the finish line, and someone yanked the tape away as my fingers were about to touch it.

So the results are due in around next Wednesday. The ND is on vacation that week though, and the following Monday is July 4, so the office is closed then. That week is booked pretty solid, but they had an opening Friday, July 8, so I took it and begged them to call if anything sooner becomes available.

July 8. That's 2 1/2 weeks away. I feel like I've been kicked in the teeth. Or something big and heavy was dropped on my head. All I can do is laugh and half cry because this is sooo my luck. I was hoping since Max deserves better, his luck would win out but I guess not in the way I was thinking/hoping for. At least we still have 3/4 of a vial of zarzaparilla left. I don't know what I'd do if Max was still in agony.

2 Comments:

Blogger kris said...

I'm so sorry, Jessica. :( I hope little Max will feel much better soon.

2:42 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

Thanks! He's actually doing pretty well as far as not scratching even though his skin is flaring back up a little. He seems to be his normal happy self most of the time :)

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home