Wednesday, June 08, 2005

ND appointment

So we visited the ND last Wednesday and it went well. She mentioned that in her approx. 15 years experience she hadn't seen too much of this until recently and she's seen around 10 cases in the past 2 years. And in babies of vegetarian mother's who are nursing. Maybe I took that the wrong way, but I'm awful curious about the connection to nursing vegetarians. So for the first time since this whole ordeal started, I'm feeling hopeful.

We spent a long time discussing his birth, when/how the eczema started and progressed, and my diet and everything I mentioned in the previous post. She checked him out a bit and noted that he was very gassy. She told me to eliminate mucous foods, rice, white potato, banana, grapes, avocados(noooooo!), get strict about eliminating corn and to eat for my blood type, which is 0+.

So to recap, here's a list of what I can't eat:
dairy
soy
wheat
eggs
citrus (including strawberries and tomatoes)
nuts
chocolate
coffee
caffeine
alcohol
corn
rice
white potatoes
bananas
avocados
grapes
mucous foods
anything specified as "avoid" by Eat right 4 your Blood Type.

She also recommended an herbal tincture and baby bifidus for him and zinc and b6 for me. And to use Dr. Bronner's soap for all my cleansing needs from laundry to myself.

And gave a reference to get allergy testing.

Normally I don't opt to do testing, especially tests that aren't particularly accurate, but I am so looking forward to doing this and getting the results because at this point my diet is extremely restricted and Max is still itchy as ever. To be able to add back any food to my diet instead of taking more and more away would be such a relief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home