Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The Incredible Shrinking Woman

So I bitch and moan a lot about how much it sucks to not be able to eat pretty much everything. I thought I'd take a little time to reflect on the good things that are coming out of this.

*I've lost about 21lbs since starting eliminating foods about 10 weeks ago. I'm back into my old clothes, but still need to lose about 20 more to look really good in them.

*I'm more regular. Instead of once a week, I'm up to about once a day, sometimes twice! I find it pretty ironic considering I don't think I'm eating enough to produce that much waste.

*ummmm....did I mention the weight loss?

I guess the list is shorter than I thought. Maybe I'll think of more later.

4 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I remember a doc telling me when I was a kid that eczema was the itch that rashes. And boy, aint that the truth. I'm sorry Max has to deal with it ( and you also! ) but it's much better to alter his diet now, and hope that he grows out of it... rather than do what my parents did, and slather me in steroids. :(
I'll be reading. you can ask me any questions!
love, korin

12:14 AM  
Blogger jessica said...

Yeah, that's why I'm getting aggressive now, so hopefully he'll grow out of it and be scar-free and hopefully not have any bad reactions to foods as we introduce them. We had blood drawn for the IgG and several other tests yesterday which I plan to post about later.

Do you know what causes yours?

12:05 PM  
Anonymous E said...

I am with you, on a very strict diet for my 5 1/2 month old BF baby boy who suffers from eczema. I have lost about 10lbs on that diet. Problem is, I had no weight to loose, so now I'm bone thin!!! Yikes, it's getting scary! I now weigh about 93 lbs..., and that's in the morning full of milk, before nursing him.

Edith

4:19 PM  
Blogger purpleslippers said...

I eliminated wheat from diet and I lost 8 lbs. Then when I limited (not eliminated) the meat in my diet (meat is high acid, like grain - acid causes inflammation causes allergie/eczema), my milk supply started dwindling.

Honestly I don't think it's allergies anymore. I think it's all the chemicals in the foods and environment. There are over 200,000 chemicals in the U.S. and only about 4,000 of them have been tested. Many/most of these chemicals are toxic to our bodies; they are carcinogens.

My kids' eczema is noticeably better when I stick with all-organic, which are not guaranteed to be chemical-free, but not as much as standard foods. But too bad organic foods is so unaffordable...!

Most eczema sufferers heal without scars or have very minor scars. So don't worry too much about it. Even after my son's face bled and peeled and bled again, he's right back to where he started - a lot of redness and dryness on his cheeks.

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home